Signals that someone is misusing a prescription drug will differ depending on the substance being used. When observing a person’s behavior, a few signs that an addiction to prescription drugs may be present include:
- Running out of the medication quickly.
- Visiting multiple doctors in a short period of time.
- Displaying prescription specific intoxication or withdrawal symptoms.
- Sudden changes in behavior or appearance.
- Defensiveness or denial when confronted about prescription drug abuse.